Today, there is no online casino without roulette! Moreover, in the case of sites specializing in sports betting, which open in the direction of casino games, roulette can almost certainly be found. Below we present the basic rules of this really exciting and twist-filled game, and we have also collected for you a lot of really useful roulette tips, tricks and winning strategies in relation to winning.
IMPORTANT! There are many variations of roulette. In most online casinos, you can try out the basic version as a player, although there are two main styles: European and American roulette. In addition, online casinos also provide unique roulette games in order to make the time spent at the wheel even more exciting.
Roulette structure and basic variations
The most important part of roulette is a numbered roulette wheel, which has three main types:
- European Roulette: There are 37 numbers on the wheel, from 1 to 36 and 0.
- French Roulette: The layout is exactly the same as in European Roulette, so there are 37 numbers on the wheel from 1 to 36 and 0. The difference is that French Roulette has a rule called “La Partage”, which results in players only losing 50 percent of their stake if the ball lands on 0. In essence, the chance of winning is thus the highest in the case of French roulette (see also the special rules applied by online casinos during roulette later).
- American Roulette: There are 38 numbers on the wheel, from 1 to 36, plus 0 and 00 (double zero). In the case of American roulette, consecutive numbers are placed opposite each other. Since there is also a double zero in addition to the zero here, the house advantage in American roulette is higher than in the European version (see later on the odds).
The adjacent numbers displayed on the roulette wheel are always a different color (black and red alternate), except for zero, which is usually displayed with a green background.
Next to this is the roulette betting table, where the numbers of the wheel and special fields that further color the betting combinations are located. Of course, the roulette tables of online casinos contain the same basic parts, that is, whether you play from a computer or a mobile phone, there will be a roulette wheel betting table and a table as well.
How to play roulette?
The gameplay of roulette consists of the following main steps:
- Placing the bet. There is always a limited amount of time available for this in live casinos, but you can’t wait until the end of time in computer online casinos either. See. also “How to bet on roulette?” part!
- The game begins! The game master handling roulette, the croupier, spins the wheel and then launches the ball in the opposite direction. In some cases, betting is still possible until it is closed by the game master.
- We have the winning number. After a while, the ball no longer bounces, but stops in the cavity of one of the numbers. The croupier then places a small weight called a “dolly” on the winning number and then announces the winning number and its color. After that, the winnings will be paid out.
Then the next game starts, i.e. bets can be placed on the table again (point 1).